Due to lack of protection, motorcycle wrecks can result in some of the most severe injuries. Consequently, recovering from a motorcycle wreck can be a long and expensive process. If you’ve been thrown from your bike after colliding with a negligent driver, you deserve to hold them liable for your medical bills, lost wages, and emotional suffering.
Attempting to file a claim against a careless driver without an attorney can be an uphill battle. Investigating the collision, establishing liability, and negotiating a settlement are all tasks best left to a skilled lawyer. A Paterson motorcycle accident attorney from Morelli Law can complete all the steps required to secure payment for your expenses and hardships.
How Much You’ll Receive From a Motorcycle Settlement in Paterson, NJ
Determining how much you’ll receive from your Paterson motorcycle accident claim is difficult without a lawyer’s help. That being said, you can still get a ballpark estimate of your claim’s value by adding together the damages you’re eligible for. In Paterson, the average motorcycle accident settlement covers the following losses:
- Medical costs
- Current and future income loss
- Motorcycle repair expenses
- Pain and suffering caused by your injury
- Disfigurement and disability
- PTSD and other mental health issues caused by your accident
- Wrongful death damages
You might not be aware of all the damages you’re entitled to receive, so make sure to speak to an attorney about your potential winnings. They’ll be able to get you compensated for all the financial and emotional losses you’ve experienced as a result of your accident.
Our Attorneys Will Investigate Your Paterson Motorcycle Accident
To get you the settlement you deserve, our lawyers will have to investigate your crash. This is an important step of the claim-filing process, as it will give your attorney the information and evidence they need to construct a compelling case for your compensation.
Your Paterson motorcycle accident attorney will start by collecting security and traffic camera footage of the crash, eye-witness testimonies, and law enforcement reports. These records will lay the groundwork for your claim and can be used to prove that the at-fault driver should be held liable for your losses.
Next, your lawyer will get help from an accident reconstruction expert. Such an expert can use evidence from your accident to figure out how the crash occurred. They’ll use evidence like vehicle damage, tire marks, and photos of the scene to find the cause of your collision.
Paterson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
A Lawyer in Paterson Will Negotiate a Motorcycle Accident Settlement on Your Behalf
Once your lawyer has used crash footage, police reports, testimonies, and expert opinions to establish the at-fault driver’s liability, they’ll take your claim to the driver’s insurance company. Although most motorcycle accident claims are settled through insurance negotiations, getting insurers to agree on a fair payment can be tricky.
Fortunately, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Paterson have years of negotiation experience under their belts. They won’t give up until the guilty party’s provider has agreed to a settlement covering every loss you’ve suffered.
Filing Deadline for Motorcycle Accident Claims in Paterson, NJ
All auto collision claims must be filed in accordance with the relevant statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is essentially a legal deadline that your claim must be filed before. NJ Rev. Stat. § 2A:14-2 states that motorcycle accident victims in Paterson have two years from the date that they were injured to file.
Getting your claim filed before its due date will ensure you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries and get your losses reimbursed. An attorney from our firm will make sure your claim is constructed properly and submitted well before New Jersey’s deadline.
What You Can Do After a Motorcycle Accident to Help Your Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Paterson, there are a few things you can do to help your attorney. It’s important that you prioritize your health and always seek medical attention after a wreck. However, if your injuries are mild, you can take the following steps to help your lawyer build a strong case:
- Call the police. Always call local law enforcement after an auto accident. The report they file can be used to fortify your claim.
- Take photos. Taking photos of the accident scene and your injuries can help your case immensely. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Paterson can use photographic evidence to prove that the driver was responsible for the collision and your injuries.
- Talk to witnesses. It can be helpful to talk to bystanders about what they saw and take down their contact information. Their testimony can be used to convince insurers, or a jury, that your injuries and losses were caused by the other driver.
- Exchange information with the driver. Getting the other driver’s contact and insurance information is arguably one of the most helpful things you can do for your case. Without this information, your attorney would have a very hard time identifying the liable party.
- Call an attorney. The sooner you call an attorney, the sooner you’ll get the payment you need to put this accident in the past. Contacting a lawyer in Paterson as soon as possible also ensures that your motorcycle accident claim is filed before the legal deadline.
- Seek medical attention. After a serious accident, your health is what matters most. So once you’ve completed these steps, make sure you get checked out by a doctor.
Affordable Representation for Your Motorcycle Accident Is a Call Away
If you’re already dealing with the financial pressure of medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle repairs, you shouldn’t have to pay upfront for an attorney. That’s why our Paterson motorcycle accident lawyers offer contingency-fee representation to all of their clients. That means your attorney will take a portion of your settlement, so you don’t have to pay out of pocket.
Contact Morelli Law for the representation you need to recover all of your monetary and non-monetary losses. Our team will work hard to investigate your accident, prove liability, and negotiate a high settlement. Contact us now to schedule your free case evaluation.