When using a rideshare app like Uber, you deserve to feel safe. But sometimes a routine Uber ride can result in a devastating accident.
If you were the victim of an Uber accident in the North Bergen area, you could be entitled to compensation for your suffering. Our Uber accident lawyer in North Bergen can help you determine if you have a case.
Common Types of Loss and Suffering
Compensation in Uber accident cases is awarded due to the pain and suffering you experience. If you suffered in any of the following ways, it could be possible to recover compensation for:
- Minor physical injuries, such as cuts, scrapes, bruises, and other signs of trauma
- More severe injuries, like broken bones, dislocations, concussions, potentially long-term health issues
- Lost property
- The inability to earn wages due to physical restrictions from your accident
- Emotional suffering from the trauma of an accident
- Wrongful deaths
- Much more
You deserve service and safety when you schedule a ride with a ridesharing app like Uber. Following an accident, you have legal rights and possible options to pursue compensation that could make life easier as you focus on your future.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Available Compensation for Victims
If you file a claim, you could be awarded compensation. This could be paid out in a single lump-sum payment or over time in periodic increments. Some common ways in which Uber accident victims are compensated include but are not limited to:
- Reimbursement for any medical expenses incurred while treating injuries related to your accident
- Damages for emotional suffering as well as any resulting treatment
- Reimbursement for lost wages if you were left unable to work or with reduced wages
- Compensation for any lost or stolen property
- Damages in wrongful death cases
- Reimbursement for legal fees paid while filing a claim
Nothing is more important than your health and recovery, and while you cannot turn back the hands of time and prevent your accident, financial compensation could help make life a little bit easier moving forward.
If you are ready to begin your fight for justice, hiring a lawyer could be helpful.
How Hiring a Lawyer Serving North Bergen Could Help You
The many potential benefits of having a lawyer from our firm by your side include:
- Available to help you with paperwork so you can focus on recovering physically and emotionally from your accident
- A team standing by to answer your questions and explain the steps required to file a claim
- Manage your expectations about the type and amount of compensation you might qualify to receive
- Help you meet important filing deadlines
- Offer general emotional support following such a traumatic event
The road to recovery can be bumpy, and while filing a legal claim might feel overwhelming, it could also lead to a brighter future for you and your loved ones.
If you are thinking about filing a claim, remember that you may have a limited amount of time to act. An Uber accident lawyer in North Bergen from Morelli Law Firm can help you learn how to take action before it is too late.
Factors That Contribute to Uber Accidents
No two accidents are alike, and there are many factors that could have led to your accident. Common factors that could lead to an accident and claim include:
- Speeding: Speeding is a leading cause of all vehicle accidents across the country each year. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that speeding caused nearly one-third of all traffic fatalities over the past two decades. If speed was a factor in your accident, you could have a case.
- Driving under the influence: If you suspect that your Uber driver was under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other mind-altering substances at the time of your accident, they could be legally liable for your injuries.
- Distracted driving: Many Uber drivers use their app and navigation software while simultaneously driving passengers. This can be very dangerous and could have played a role in your accident. According to NHTSA, approximately 420,000 injuries were caused by distracted driving in 2019 alone.
- Mechanical failure: Transportation services fleet vehicles are often required by regulation to undergo vehicle inspections and maintenance. Because Uber drivers are using their own personal vehicles, ensuring that the vehicle you are riding in is safe can be more difficult.
Your Uber accident may have been caused by one of these factors or by a variety of other reasons. Our rideshare accident lawyer will determine who is liable for your accident and file an insurance claim on your behalf.
Regardless of the specific details of your situation, it could be helpful to discuss your accident or incident with one of our team members today.
Why Uber Accidents Are Unique
Although the causes of Uber accidents can be similar to other types of vehicle accidents, the legal aftermath of Uber accidents can be quite different.
For one, Uber drivers usually do not carry any special credentials such as a commercial license with only minimal experience required to drive. Inexperience in any form can prove dangerous on the road, putting you at risk. Additionally, the personal vehicles used in Uber rides could be less regulated and more prone to mechanical failures.
Uber accidents can also be legally challenging, specifically when determining liability. There are several parties involved in each Uber accident, including the driver, passengers, other vehicles, Uber, and sometimes more. Figuring out exactly who was at fault is, therefore, complicated.
Because Uber accidents can be complicated, consulting with one of our team members could help you determine if filing a claim is an option for you.
Contact Us Today
While you may expect a rideshare service to get you to your destination safely, you can pursue justice by filing a claim when they fail. The team at Morelli Law Firm is available to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. Call (212) 751-9800 today.