Getting into an accident with a large truck or vehicle is a nightmarish experience. And even though no one wants or desires to be in a car accident with a big rig, the reality is that it happens. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recently released a report on the estimated number of motor vehicle fatalities on the roadways.
In that report, there were 5,601 fatalities involving trucks and other large vehicles in the country. That’s one death too many. Yet, this is the most recent report for last year. Sadly, most of these accidents could have been avoided or prevented if truckers and other road users were less careless on the roads.
If you have been in a big rig accident in Clifton, NJ, you should do everything you can to get as much compensation as possible. With the help of Clifton big rig accident lawyers at the Morelli Law Firm, you may be able to recover your losses and secure an adequate settlement that will cover your treatment and provide for your loved ones.
Why Hire Morelli Law Firm for Your Big Rig Accident Claim in Passaic County, NJ?
Truck and large motor vehicle cases are complex, often prolonged, and delicate. One slip-up or oversight and your case could either be thrown out or you may get considerably less compensation than you could obtain. To make sure that this doesn’t happen, you need the skilled capacity of the experienced big rig accident lawyers in Clifton, NJ, at Morelli Law Firm.
We have helped many clients win their cases and get satisfactory settlements from their truck accident cases. This is why we’re one of the leading truck accident law firms in New Jersey and the country. Our in-house truck crash attorneys specialize in dealing with all forms of accidents involving large motor vehicles.
These include semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, log carriers, refrigerator trucks, and any other heavy-duty truck that weighs a minimum of 10,000 lbs.
We have been able to achieve our enviable results by having and implementing a tried and true process. Here’s what it looks like:
- Investigating allegations and collecting evidence – We’ll gather evidence and reports from eyewitnesses, acquire picture and video evidence, inspect the accident scene, and send a spoliation letter to the defendant’s legal team to preserve any evidence they may have already acquired. We may also request maintenance records, previous accident records, and driver history.
- File a claim – New Jersey’s no-fault law allows accident victims to seek compensation first from their insurance providers. How much you will receive will depend on your insurance coverage limits and your role in the accident.
- Negotiate on your behalf – Most insurance companies are likely to make a counteroffer to our initial offer. If their offer is unfair or insufficient, our big rig accident attorneys in Clifton, NJ, will then negotiate on your behalf until we reach a meaningful settlement agreement.
- Go to trial (if necessary) – Although most claims are settled out of court, there are a few instances where both parties are unable to reach an agreement. When this happens, our experienced trial law attorneys will fight for you in a court of law and work hard to get you a fair settlement.
This is how we win huge and rewarding settlements for clients. We understand that money can never take the place of great health or a loved one. But having it can help make the process of recovery much easier than when it’s not available.
Recoverable Damages in a Clifton Truck Accident Claim
Injured victims of big rig collisions in Clifton can file a claim to recover the following damages:
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Property repair or replacement
- Out-of-pocket expenses like household maintenance
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of companionship and society
These are some of the recoverable damages that victims can receive in a truck crash compensation claim.
Clifton Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
What if a Loved One Died in the Crash?
The loss of a loved one to a careless big rig collision is devastatingly painful. And while no amount of money can bring them back, some compensation, particularly when it’s steep, can provide a sense of justice.
Plus, it can help lessen the burden of their treatment costs and other expenses you may have incurred while caring for them. To recover this compensation, we can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party. And we will seek to have the following damages recovered for you:
- Medical costs incurred up to the deceased’s demise
- Funeral and burial costs
- The deceased’s pain and suffering before they passed
- Lost future income and benefits
- Loss of guidance, company, and support
- Loss of legacy
- Loss of companionship and consortium
And if there’s clear evidence of malicious intent to inflict grievous harm, the state may award punitive damages up to $350,000. Please note that this is rare and only awarded when there’s proof of the defendant’s shocking and appalling conduct.
Contact a Clifton Big Rig Accident Attorney
If you want to win your large truck accident claim and receive an adequate settlement, you’ll need the help of experienced big rig accident lawyers in Clifton, NJ. At Morelli Law Firm, our lawyers are trained, seasoned, and skilled at handling accident claims involving large motor vehicles.
Our in-house truck and big rig accident attorneys can fight for your rights and represent you effectively so that you can receive worthwhile compensation. We have won over $1 billion in settlements for clients over the years. We know how to fight and win against big corporations too.
This combination of skills is why we’re one of New Jersey’s leading personal injury law firms. If you want to get the maximum settlement possible in your case, come and talk to us today. Contact us now to schedule a free case evaluation.