Did you or a loved one suffer a spinal cord injury in Westchester County that has irrevocably changed your life? Whether your spinal cord injury resulted from a medical error, car accident, slip and fall accident, or any other accident caused by negligence, the Morelli Law Firm’s personal injury team will help you fight for financial compensation.
Depending on the cause of your spinal cord injury, you could have the ability to seek financial compensation. Our Yonkers spinal cord injury lawyer will help you prepare a solid case for compensation. We will identify the person who caused your injury and hold them financially accountable for the costs of your physical and emotional damages.
Types of Compensation You Can Receive
A spinal cord injury can change your physical abilities and prevent you from engaging in the activities you once enjoyed. It can also impede your mobility in varying degrees. The Mayo Clinic describes the two classifications of spinal cord injuries—complete and incomplete.
The type of spinal cord injury you or your loved one sustained, along with the scope of your treatment plan, will play a significant role in your recoverable medical damages. The damages we request for you might include:
- Medical bills, including physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life due to future limitations
We are committed to providing an outstanding client experience and ensuring we get the value of your compensation package right. Because various medical professionals and facilities have treated you for your spinal injury, we compile your complete medical records and bills. We also gather proof of income and document the value of your intangible damages, such as pain and suffering.
Respect New York’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
The sooner you reach out to our personal injury law firm after your accident, the more time we have to investigate your accident and injuries. Getting us involved early also means we can meet the state’s statute of limitations. The filing deadline in New York will depend on the cause of your spinal cord injury and the outcome of your accident:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to CPLR § 214
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations is generally two years and six months, according to CPLR § 214-A
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to EPTL § 5-4.1
With decades of experience helping injured clients, our team is familiar with statutory timelines and how they affect your case. We explain the statute of limitations and any relevant nuances in plain language and make sure to file your lawsuit on time to avoid putting your right to recovery at risk.
Uncover the Cause of Your Spinal Cord Injury
We understand how difficult it can be to cope with a physically limiting and life-changing injury. Therefore, we strive to hold the at-fault party responsible for compensating you and ensuring you get the medical and psychological help and support you need. When we agree to represent you, our personal injury lawyer will listen to your story with compassion and understanding.
We aim to identify the cause of your injury and the proper party to pursue for monetary recovery. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, spinal cord injuries can occur due to:
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Car, bike, and pedestrian accidents
- Trampoline accidents
- Medical mishaps and infections
We also represent parents seeking compensation for a newborn or infant who sustained spinal damage as the result of a birth injury. At Morelli Law Firm, our spinal cord injury lawyers will help you prove the medical error that led to your child’s disability and fight for their future.
How Our Team Helps Injured Clients in Yonkers
To recover compensation for your spinal cord injury, our team must prove the at-fault party’s negligence. We compile evidence that shows the negligent party owed you a duty of care they did not provide. We also prove their breach led to your physical injuries and financial damages.
The evidence we collect for you includes incident and accident reports, witness testimonies, photos, and videos. In addition, we keep you abreast of all changes regarding your claim, provide regular updates on the case’s progress, and negotiate for a favorable settlement.
We also represent you on a contingency fee basis, meaning you can start fighting for compensation with no upfront costs, fees, or other out-of-pocket expenses.
Yonkers Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Hear from Our Past Clients
Reviews from previous clients can help you understand what it means to work with Morelli Law Firm:
- Janice Miles: Vicky has been FANTASTIC!! She always responded in a timely fashion. Their services were exactly as expected. They were helpful, patient, & kept me informed… I would hire them again.
- Dillon John: Morelli Law Firm represented me… They won the case in court, obtaining a significant settlement… I would recommend Morelli Law Firm to anyone who needs a top-flight law firm.
- Thomas Weber: I contacted the Morelli law firm regarding a personal injury case… I was truly impressed by the talent of Mr. Morelli.
Contact the Morelli Law Firm Team Today
If you or someone you love sustained a spinal cord injury in a Yonkers accident, you could have the basis of a personal injury case. Learn more about the spinal cord injury lawyers at Morelli Law Firm and the steps we take to get the monetary compensation you deserve. Contact one of our team members today by calling (212) 751-9800.