An accident involving an Uber driver can be much more complicated to resolve than one with a private driver. Getting compensation for your injuries and related expenses can mean dealing with multiple insurance companies. When our White Plains Uber accident lawyer joins your fight for compensation, we start by gathering evidence to prove who is responsible and identify which insurer(s) to file with.
Our team at Morelli Law Firm can handle the details of your case for you. We will assess the value of your damages, complete all the necessary paperwork, and handle all communication on your behalf. We also make sure your list of damages is complete and your collected evidence is compelling. Doing so means we can fight harder to settle your case without the time and expense of the trial process.
Damages You Could Recover After an Uber Accident in White Plains
The financial toll of an Uber accident can quickly become overwhelming. When our attorneys represent you, we fight to recover the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical expenses, including immediate, ongoing, and follow-up care, medications, surgeries, and medical devices
- Rehabilitation expenses, including long-term physical and psychological counseling and therapy
- Lost wages for the time your injuries prevent you from working, along with diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain and suffering and the mental and emotional trauma of the accident’s aftermath
- Compensation for temporary, long-term, and permanent disabilities, impairments, and scarring
- Diminished quality of life to compensate you for your inability to engage in preferred activities or meet your personal needs
- Wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses for the loss of a loved one
In addition to requesting damages for you, we make a point of requesting them on time. In New Jersey, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit, according to NJ Rev Stat § 2A:14-2. The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally two years, according to NJ Rev Stat § 2A:31-3. Ensuring compliance is critical to your case because it eliminates the possibility of dismissal.
The Impact of Rideshare Companies on Traffic Accidents
In their 2019 study, The Cost of Convenience: Ridesharing and Traffic Fatalities, the University of Chicago cited a rise in traffic accidents since the introduction of rideshare services. According to their research, car accident fatalities have increased by as much as three percent since the 2011 introduction of rideshare companies.
Because rideshare companies have added to the number of vehicles and drivers on the roads, accidents, injuries, and fatalities have increased accordingly. Passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians account for an additional 987 accident victims each year. If you or someone you love was injured in an Uber, our car accident team can help you determine where to turn for compensation.
Insurance Coverage for Uber Drivers
After being involved in an accident with an Uber car, you might want to pursue the rideshare company directly for your damages. However, if the driver was not logged into the app when the accident occurred, you may have to seek compensation from their own insurance provider.
If this happens, we will help you read and review the driver’s policy, file your insurance claim, and negotiate a settlement. Alternatively, if the driver was logged into the app when the accident occurred, Uber should provide the following insurance coverage:
- $50,000 per person for physical injuries
- $100,000 per accident for physical injuries
- $25,000 per accident for property damage
In addition, if the driver is on their way to a passenger or actively transporting one, Uber maintains up to $1,000,000 in third-party liability coverage. Our team will help you communicate with Uber’s insurance provider, submit the required claim forms, and comply with requests for information on your behalf.
Our Uber Accident Lawyer Will Steer Your Case
The settlement process can be long and complicated at times. The at-fault driver’s insurance company will advocate for their policyholder to protect their own bottom line. Meanwhile, our team serving clients in White Plains will fight for you and the compensation you deserve for the other party’s negligence. To bolster and support your case, we will:
- Calculate the value of your injuries
- Prove the Uber driver’s negligence
- Prove Uber’s responsibility to you
- Compile and organize your evidence
- Search for supportive photos and videos
- Handle all legal and insurance communication
At Morelli Law Firm, we also explain the difference between a personal injury settlement versus a trial. Our goal is to settle your case outside the courtroom and let you and your family start rebuilding your lives. However, we are advocates for injured clients and will fight for the best possible outcome for you – if that means taking your case to court, we will not hesitate to do so.
Your Fight for Recovery Iis Our Team’s Fight
Our attorneys take pride in making sure every client we represent gets the power of our team behind their fight for compensation. Satisfied clients say:
- J Moses: Michael Schlesinger was excellent in every way. Michael was empathic, smart, helpful and a great communicator. [His] team was first-rate as well.
- Brian Busche: Morelli law firm was the best to deal with and David took the time to always talk and treated me like family… I will be forever grateful… for your help and understanding… Thank you to all at Morelli Law Firm.
- Thomas Weber: I contacted the Morelli law firm regarding a personal injury case. They were super-fast and professional in answering my questions.
You can visit our client reviews page to hear from more clients our team helped recover from a serious accident.
White Plains Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Request a Free Review of Your Uber Accident Case
If you or someone you love was injured in an Uber accident in White Plains, we can seek financial recovery for your medical bills and other expenses from the at-fault driver. At Morelli Law Firm, our Uber accident lawyer will help you navigate the personal injury compensation process from beginning to end.
Learn more by calling our case review team for a free consultation at (212) 751-9800 today.