Our truck accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis which means we do not charge any fees upfront. We also absorb all the costs and expenses associated with your case and only get compensation when you do. Before agreeing on representation, we are upfront and transparent about our fee structure, allowing you to make an informed decision on representation.
The cost to hire a truck accident lawyer in New York should not prohibit you from getting the help and support you need. Because we represent you on a contingency fee basis, you do not have to wait to pursue the negligent party in your truck accident. We also make sure the stress of your post-accident experience is not increased by the concern that you cannot afford to have legal representation throughout the financial recovery process.
What Can a Truck Accident Attorney do for Me?
When we prepare your case, our truck accident lawyer will handle all communication, including requests for information, insurance claim forms, and legal forms and filings. We also make sure your case is accurately valued before we enter the settlement negotiation process. Our truck accident lawyer will:
- Prove the merit of your request
- Identify the at-fault party
- Determine the value of your case
- Ensure compliance with the filing deadline
- Take statements from accident witnesses
- Negotiate a favorable monetary award
We also obtain key documents in your truck accident case, including copies of your police report, medical records and bills, proof of income, and vehicle repair or replacement estimates. We make sure your case gets the attention to detail it needs and deserves. We provide you with updates every time something changes in your case, or a settlement offer is made.
What Kind of Compensation Will I Receive If I am Injured?
After a truck accident, the compensation you receive is based on your injuries, income loss, and prognosis. Because these factors vary, the amount of your recovery will vary depending on the combined value of your:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated income loss
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Property damage or loss
We can also help you recover wrongful death damages, including the costs of making your loved one’s final arrangements and your loss of their companionship, society, and guidance.
When we assess your damages, we also make sure you understand the outcome of the negotiation process. We field offers for you, make sure you do not accept a speedy but flawed settlement offer and ensure you understand the finality of a settlement decision.
How Much Time do I Have to File a Lawsuit for My Truck Accident in New York?
We can help you seek compensation in New York if you or someone you love was recently injured in a truck accident. The state has a statute of limitations that determines how long you have to file your lawsuit as follows:
- The general personal injury statute of limitations is three years from the date of the collision, according to CPLR § 214
- The general wrongful death statute of limitations is two years from the date of your loved one’s demise, according to EPTL § 5-4.1
When you decide to seek compensation after your accident, the sooner you contact us, the more time we have to investigate your accident. We also have time to locate and interview witnesses and investigate the accident scene.
Do You Have Recommendations and Referrals From Previous Clients?
Our client service team is committed to providing legal service and ongoing support for injured clients. Recommendations on our client testimonials page say:
- “He was in complete control of the case… he was there to comfort them and to assure them that everything will be alright.” – Victor Gallego, brother and son of the victims
- “Benedict Morelli and David Sirotkin: Two of the hardest working attorneys in NY who care and will take care of your case.” – Lynn Radice
- “From the moment Ben Morelli appeared, I was confident we’d made the right decision.” – Mike Walsh
- “One thing is for sure; we were incredibly lucky and truly blessed. Throughout the process you have been amazing. – Janine Boswell
- “You all have won a settlement for us. We both feel so thankful to have ended up at your firm.” – Carol Eiseman
Our representation means you can leave the insurance company, their claim forms, and the details of your truck accident case to us.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Retaining a Truck Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident in New York, our truck accident lawyer will review your case at no cost to you. We make sure you understand what it costs to retain a lawyer and the potential compensation we can negotiate for you. Contact Morelli Law Firm by calling (212) 751-9800 for your free case review.