Industrial firms should provide suitable training for their crane operators and notify all workers of the dangers of working with cranes. Furthermore, it is the duty of the employer to guarantee that all employees follow OSHA’s safety rules and regulations for the protection of everyone in the area.
However, in the name of profits, many companies and crane operators can make mistakes that have terrible consequences. Most crane mishaps can be traced back to carelessness, whether it is a lack of training, sloppy maintenance, improper loading, or some other form of negligence.
Injury victims do not deserve to bear the financial, physical, and emotional burden of these errors. The Hempstead crane accident attorneys of Morelli Law Firm may be able to help. We will fight for every dollar you are owed in compensation for your injuries and other damages and hold responsible parties accountable.
Can I Save Money by Dealing Directly With the Insurance Company?
Attempting to save money by taking care of the claim on your own is a common temptation. It is a common misconception that engaging an attorney is unnecessary and will only increase costs. This may very well be the case for lesser cases involving no injuries and minimal damage.
However, you will likely require legal representation while dealing with a construction or freight company’s insurance adjusters and legal team in order to recover the full value of your claim.
Some of the relatively common insurance company strategies include:
- Insurance adjusters may make unsubstantiated claims in an effort to shift blame.
- Spam: harassing you with frequent emails, phone calls, and letters to induce you to accept an undervalued offer.
- Some insurance companies may react by disregarding your claim altogether. This is a particularly good time to reach out to a crane accident lawyer in Hempstead, NY to seek help.
- The insurance company may reject your claim or downplay your injuries even if it is obvious that you were not at fault in the crane accident
- They may pose questions that seem inconsequential, but they frequently use your responses against you to reduce their accountability
- In order to avoid paying your crane accident injury claim before the deadline set by law, they may simply stop responding to you.
- They might begin asking for excessive paperwork that isn’t strictly necessary in order to frustrate you and make you give up your fight
- A representative might ask you to submit a recorded statement. You are under no obligation to submit to a recording. This information is often manipulated to be used against you.
If you try to handle the insurance adjusters on your own, your claim could be jeopardized, and you might not get the money you need to compensate for your losses. They are taught to minimize or reject your claim in just about any manner imaginable.
A crane accident attorney in Hempstead, NY, can represent you in negotiations with insurance companies and other attorneys. We’ll negotiate or file suit on your behalf to safeguard your interests and increase the value of your claim.
Different Types of Crane-Related Accidental Injuries
Crane accidents frequently result in fatalities and catastrophic injury to those involved. Injuries of the following types occur frequently in crane accidents:
- Orthopedic crush fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord damage, paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding and internal organ damage
- Electrical burn injuries or electrocution
Starting the evidence-gathering process as soon as possible will also greatly improve the likelihood of a successful outcome to your injury claim. It is crucial that you consult with a Hempstead crane accident attorney as soon as possible.
Hempstead Crane Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Safety Standard Violations Often Cause Crane Accidents
The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) establishes regulations to maintain crane safety job sites due to the dangerous nature of the construction sector. Unfortunately, a lot of construction firms skimp on quality and disregard OSHA regulations.
Tragically, disregarding these guidelines can cause serious harm or even death to injured individuals. When a contractor, freight company, or entity responsible for the crane does not adhere to regulations, they can and should be held responsible for accidents.
Among the violations of crane safety regulations are:
- Using the crane in a way that is not recommended by the maker
- Negligence in learning the crane’s capabilities and limitations
- Neglecting to clean up the area around the crane operation
- Making the wrong choice of crane size for the job
- Crane collapse due to improper crane setup
- Contacting electricity wires, resulting in electrocution
OSHA regulations not being followed can directly result in crane-related accidents and severe injury. You have the right to report suspected violations of workplace safety without worrying about facing consequences.
To preserve your rights and help you obtain just compensation, a crane accident attorney in Hempstead can help you with your OSHA claim or personal injury lawsuit.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a New York Crane Accident Claim?
In New York, the following types of damages may be recouped:
Medical expenses: Your medical costs for surgery, mobility aids, hospital stays and other procedures
Loss of wages: If the sufferer is unable to work as a result of the accident, damages for lost wages or earning ability may be granted.
Pain and suffering: Damages are given when a crane accident victim experiences severe bodily or emotional pain as a result of the accident. Additionally, these losses are intended to make up for the general discomfort and disturbances in your life.
Property damage: The victim may be entitled to compensation for the cost of replacement or repair if the incident damages personal property, such as a structure, bicycle, or car.
Punitive damages: These losses are intended to penalize the offender and deter the repetition of the same behavior in the future. These sanctions are only imposed in extreme cases.
It’s important to remember that the case details would determine the amount of recoverable damages. A personal injury attorney in Hempstead that specializes in crane accidents can provide you with more details on the potential attainable damages in your case.
Contact a Crane Accident Law Firm In Hempstead Today
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a crane accident, you should be compensated financially for your injuries. You may be confident that your legal rights will be explained to you and that you will receive the guidance you require by finding the right legal counsel.
Since you would also have to cover other costs like out-of-pocket medical expenditures, nursing care, etc., an experienced attorney will fight for you to get the maximum amount of compensation permitted for your injuries. Contact Morelli Law today for a free consultation.