Coping with brain damage after an accident in Belleville isn’t something you have to do alone. Our brain damage lawyers in Belleville can review your case and help you hold the liable parties accountable.
At Morelli Law Firm, our team of personal injury lawyers in Belleville is ready to identify the responsible parties and help you recover compensation. We can give you a free case evaluation to determine how much money you could recover from your losses.
What Kinds of Accidents Result in Brain Injuries?
You can suffer a variety of brain injuries in several different types of accidents. Here are some of the most common types of accidents our Belleville brain damage lawyers can help you with:
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
What Is the Process for Recovering Compensation After a Brain Injury?
There are several important steps to take after experiencing a brain injury to recover the full and fair compensation you deserve from the responsible parties. These steps include:
Your priority after a brain injury is receiving proper emergency medical care. This may involve ambulance transport to the hospital for evaluation by head trauma specialists. Extensive testing with CT scans, MRI imaging, and other diagnostics can determine the nature and severity of injuries.
Inpatient care and monitoring in the hospital will be required for some time, and additional treatments like surgery may be needed. Once you are stable, many people require long-term outpatient rehabilitation, including physical, occupational, and speech therapies, to recover lost abilities. Staying under the care of neurologists is also important for ongoing neurological assessment.
Hiring an Attorney
To ensure maximum recovery from injuries, you should hire an experienced brain damage lawyer in Belleville as soon as possible. Our team at Morelli Law Firm is knowledgeable in injury law and will immediately begin investigating the cause to pursue liable parties.
Our qualified attorney will thoroughly review all medical records and expenses to value the lifetime costs of care needed accurately. We can also obtain records that you may have trouble accessing alone. The goal is to negotiate a compensation amount that will cover all the damages you’ve suffered.
Investigation of the Cause
Our Belleville brain damage attorney takes the lead in investigating how and why your brain injury occurred. This frequently requires filing records requests with entities involved, like hospitals, employers, and law enforcement.
Our team can consult accident reconstruction experts if the incident involves vehicles or dangerous machinery. Gathering all relevant evidence establishes fault and liability for the injuries you suffered.
Once the fault is clear, we will negotiate directly with liable insurers while providing complete evidence of medical records and the need for long-term care. We use the evidence in your case to justify the settlement you qualify for.
We are ready to fight for you to receive a settlement that helps you recover from your brain injury as soon as possible.
Legal Action If Needed
If pre-litigation negotiations are unsuccessful, our team will be ready to file a personal injury lawsuit. The next steps involve gathering more evidence through formal procedures.
Mediation could allow a neutral third party to facilitate new negotiations. Otherwise, extensive trial preparation ensures the strengths of the injury case can be effectively presented to a judge or jury.
What Type of Brain Injury did You Sustain?
Our team has over 40 years of combined experience helping people who have suffered brain injuries recover compensation. If you’ve sustained any of the following brain injuries, our brain injury attorneys in Belleville can help you with your potential case:
- Birth injuries
- Brain hemorrhages
- Carbon monoxide poisoning brain damage
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Losses You Can Recover After Suffering Brain Damage
Suffering brain damage in an accident can significantly impact your life in many ways. If someone else’s negligent actions caused your brain injury, you may be able to recover compensation for the losses and hardships you’ll face. Some of the damages you can recover include:
For the losses you’ve suffered financially, our team of Belleville brain damage attorneys can help you recover economic damages. These are costs that have a dollar value, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses: The cost of doctor visits, hospitalization for acute and long-term care, extensive rehabilitation and therapies, lifetime prescription medications, and round-the-clock home health aides.
- Lost wages: The income you lost due to an inability to return to a previous career path or qualify for reduced long-term earning potential.
- Vocational rehabilitation costs: The expenses associated with pursuing new education or skills training programs in order to retrain for alternative types of compatible employment are also recoverable.
- Home health care: Out-of-pocket payment for trained personal care assistants or family caregivers to assist with basic daily living activities like dressing, bathing, and meal preparation must be fairly compensated.
- Home modifications: The cost of installing adaptations such as wheelchair ramps, walk-in showers, specialized lifts or chairs, and vehicle adaptations to accommodate permanent mobility limitations should be covered.
You can also recover non-economic damages for losses that don’t have a monetary value. These damages are more associated with the long-term effects of your injuries from the accident, such as:
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain caused by the injuries, as well as the emotional and psychological distress of long-term disability, increased dependence on others, loss of independence, and permanent lifestyle changes, is recoverable.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If you’re no longer able to participate in activities you loved due to your injuries, our team can help recover this damage for you.
- Disfigurement: Necessary funds should fairly cover the challenges associated with permanent disfigurement, scarring, or other visible physical impairments as a constant reminder of the incident.
- Cognitive impairments: Settlement amounts must acknowledge effects like difficulties with memory retention, problems with completing multistep tasks, reduced ability to process new information, and impairment to judgment and decision making.
- Loss of consortium: Compensation is warranted for the unquantifiable impact on relationships and dynamics within family units when increased care demands are placed on a spouse or dependents.
- Loss of normal life expectancy: Damage payments aim to partially restore the number of remaining years likely reduced in both quality and duration due to lifelong disability and medical monitoring requirements.
Contact Us After Your Brain Injury Accident in Belleville
At Morelli Law Firm, our Belleville brain damage attorneys can help you build a strong case and face the insurance companies. We’re your advocate, and we don’t stop fighting until we win.
Contact us today for a free consultation.