If you’ve been injured in a crash with a dump truck in Yonkers, you are probably dealing with injuries and growing medical bills — not to mention lost income and other significant problems. You’ve got a lot on your mind, which is why it may be time to reach out to a Yonkers dump truck accident lawyer while you recover.
Here’s what to know about dump truck accidents, when you should contact a lawyer, and what’s next.
Why an Experienced Dump Truck Accident Attorney in Yonkers Is Essential
Many people think they should just handle a crash with a dump truck in the Yonkers area like any other accident: contact the other driver’s insurance company and take the settlement offer. But that would be a huge mistake, because of the following factors:
- You’re dealing with not just the dump truck driver, but also the company that employs them, which increases the complexity of the case (and the amount you could be owed).
- The insurance company knows you could be entitled to much more and wants to entice you to take a lowball offer when you’re most desperate for cash.
- Because you collided with a dump truck and not a passenger vehicle, your injuries may be more severe and long-lasting.
If you hire us, an attorney will immediately get to work on your case. They’ll collect witness statements, review police reports, file paperwork, handle court deadlines, and build a case that will maximize your chance at success.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Common Dump Truck Crash Injuries
The typical passenger vehicle weighs about 4,000 pounds, while dump trucks are in the tens of thousands when fully loaded. When someone is involved in a crash with a dump truck, injuries can be severe due to the size disparity. Here are some common injuries we see in these types of accidents:
- Deep lacerations
- Broken bones
- Injuries to the brain
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Various internal injuries, like bleeding and organ damage
The worst part is that many of these injuries aren’t apparent at first. You may not find out until months later that surgery will be needed. If you take the first settlement offer from an insurance company, you’ll be stuck paying for that expense out of pocket. Don’t risk it – contact a lawyer today and put your mind at ease.
What Compensation Can I Get for a Yonkers Dump Truck Accident?
Unfortunately, we can’t tell you without knowing the details of your case. Here are some factors that can affect your compensation:
- The severity of your injuries
- How much income you lost as a result of the accident
- What property damage you experienced as a result of the crash
- Whether negligence was involved on the part of the driver or employer
- Whether the court is likely to impose punitive damages
The amount of compensation you need will require extensive investigation by a Yonkers dump truck accident lawyer based on their experience with these types of accidents. Morelli Law has experienced dump truck accident lawyers in Yonkers who know how the courts work here and what compensation should be pursued. Contact us today for a free consultation.
A Yonkers Dump Truck Accident Attorney Can Start Working for You Today
There’s absolutely no reason to wait to act. It costs you nothing upfront to get an attorney started on your case, and you will never pay us unless you win – we’re that confident in the capabilities of our experienced attorney team. By getting a lawyer on your side, you can focus on getting better and let us handle all of the legal stuff.
It’s time to take on the dump truck company and their insurer to send them a message: you won’t accept anything less than full compensation to get you back to living your life. It’s the right thing to do, and if you hire us, we’re going to do everything we can to make sure that happens. Contact us today.