If you or a loved one was a passenger in a car that was struck by a truck, you could collect the same types of economic and non-economic damages as the driver or owner of the vehicle you were in. You can have your medical bills paid, replace the income you lost when your injuries stopped you from working, and request compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
When our truck accident attorney represents you, we make sure you know the details about what damages a passenger can collect after a truck accident. We also make sure you understand the specific value of your injuries, the statute of limitations that applies to your case, and the probable timeline for reaching a resolution. We also compile and present your evidence and handle the settlement negotiation process for you.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover If I Was Injured in a Truck Accident?
If you or someone you love was the passenger in a car that was hit by a truck, or if a loved one was fatally injured, we can help you recover the following damages:
- Medical bills from the date of your injury until your recovery. Medical bills include emergency room care, hospital admissions, assistive medical devices, and required medications. We will collect your medical records and bills to prove their value.
- Income loss for the time your injuries prevent you from working. This includes income from your job or business. We will obtain your salary history, tax records, and other financial data to establish their value.
- Non-economic damages including physical disability, disfigurement, or impairment. It also includes mental and emotional anguish and current and future pain and suffering. We use details of your experience, medical records, and your written prognosis to prove their value.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) research cites the likelihood of serious injuries and fatalities for occupants of smaller vehicles when involved in an accident with a larger truck. In 2017, passenger car occupants represented 72% of fatalities. If your family lost a loved one who was a passenger in a truck accident, we can also help you collect a variety of wrongful death damages.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
What Will a Truck Accident Attorney do to Help My Case?
Just as the car driver does, you also have to prove the negligence that led to your injuries to recover compensation. We help you prove the at-fault party’s liability and assign a financial value to your injuries. Our truck accident lawyers will:
- Communicate with the insurance company
- Field settlement offers on your behalf
- Negotiate a final and favorable settlement
Our legal team ensures your evidence file is complete and includes photos, videos, witness statements, and police observations. We also make sure you get regular updates on the progress of your case.
Do not Wait to File Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
Every state in the US has a statute of limitations – a filing deadline – that governs how long you have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Our personal injury law firm represents clients in multiple locations. Depending on the state where your accident took place:
- You generally have three years to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations in New York, according to CPLR § 214
- You generally have two years to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations in New Jersey, according to NJ Rev Stat § 2A:14-2
- You generally have two years to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations in Pennsylvania, according to C.S.A. § 5524
We will let you know which statute applies to your case and any factors of your truck accident that might create a change in the filing deadline.
See Recent Monetary Awards for Injured Clients
Our law firm works hard to get the best possible financial outcome for every client we represent. Financial awards we obtained for recent clients include:
- $102 million for an employee who was injured by a forklift while assembling an event booth
- $40 million for a woman who was a victim of medical malpractice
- $22.5 million for a father who contracted polio from his recently vaccinated daughter who received an oral polio vaccine
- $11.2 million for a senior citizen who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a speeding truck hit her car
- $7.4 million for a bicycle delivery person who was struck and injured by a truck
See more examples of our award history on our results page. Our goal is to ensure you get the support and encouragement you need, so we fight as hard for you as we do for every client who trusts us with their personal injury case.
We Offer Injured Victims of Truck Accidents a Free Case Evaluation
Find out what damages you can collect if you or someone you love was a passenger in a truck accident. Contact Morelli Law Firm by calling (212) 751-9800 today.