If a Lyft rideshare driver causes an accident in which you suffer an injury, you have the right to seek compensation. As you may expect, determining which party is at fault and which insurance company should cover your costs in a rideshare accident can be a complex matter.
A Long Beach Lyft accident lawyer with Morelli Law Firm is ready to stand by your side throughout the claims and legal process. We will fight hard to help you receive the judgment you are due. You should not have to suffer financially because of the Lyft driver’s error. We take our responsibility to represent your interests very seriously. You can start exploring your legal options today during a free consultation.
How We Seek Financial Recovery After a Lyft Accident in Long Beach, NY
Our Lyft accident attorney in Long Beach knows how beneficial ridesharing services can be. However, when you are a Lyft passenger, and your driver has an accident that injures you, you should not have to pay the medical bills on your own. We will work to help you recover these losses.
Alternately, if the Lyft driver is hurrying to pick up a customer or driving in an unfamiliar area and hits you or your car, you should be able to receive compensation in a case like this as well. Our New York rideshare accident lawyers can help.
We will Seek Compensation on Your Behalf
After a Lyft driver’s error causes an accident that leaves you with injuries, you could be eligible to receive compensation for several items, such as:
- Medical bills: If you need emergency care in a hospital for life-threatening injuries, or if you need to see your personal doctor for pain a few days after the crash, or anything in between, we will work to help you receive reimbursement for all your bills.
- Missed work: If you had to miss work because of your injuries, you have the right to file an insurance claim so you can recover your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: You can seek compensation for any lingering pain, disabling injuries, disfiguring injuries, and emotional trauma as part of a pain and suffering judgment against the Lyft driver.
Additionally, our Long Beach Lyft crash lawyer will estimate any medical costs you may have in the future for ongoing health care. You might recover an award if you cannot work in the same capacity that you did previously. You should not suffer financially because of another person’s negligence. We take pride in working toward the financial recovery you deserve.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
How Morelli Law Firm Can Help You
As a rideshare company, Lyft has a detailed system in place to handle coverage when a driver causes a crash. This system has quite a bit of complexity, especially for those who do not deal with these crashes regularly.
That is where Morelli Law Firm can help. We have experience dealing with accidents that involve a Lyft driver and understand how to work through this system. We will also keep your case on track. If we have to file a lawsuit to recover an award for you, we will meet New York’s statute of limitations deadline, as outlined in CPLR § 214, which gives injury victims three years to sue the liable party.
You can represent yourself after a Lyft driver causes an accident and your injuries. However, this is a challenging process. Our Lyft crash lawyers in Long Beach will give you the compassionate and professional representation that can help your case.
Long Beach Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
We Will Work Through the Complexities in a Rideshare Accident cCase
Lyft requires all its drivers to carry personal auto insurance. In New York, Lyft drivers must have coverage that at least meets the state’s minimum coverage requirements. However, should the driver cause a crash, their insurance policy only takes effect in certain cases.
- When the driver is not using the Lyft app: If the driver does not have the Lyft app active, the company does not consider the driver to be working. This means the driver’s personal insurance applies if an accident occurs during this time.
- The Lyft app is on, and the driver is waiting for a ride request: If the driver has the app active but does not yet have a ride request, the driver’s personal insurance is liable after a crash. However, if this insurance policy does not have enough liability coverage, Lyft’s third-party liability insurance coverage could contribute to your settlement.
- The Lyft app is on, and a ride request is underway: If the driver is on the way to pick up a ride request or is providing a ride, Lyft’s insurance policy is in effect.
Importance of Determining Which Insurance Policy is Liable
After a rideshare driver causes an accident, insurance companies may question who is liable and which coverage policy applies. Insurers want to protect themselves and avoid accepting liability. This tactic significantly delays any potential settlement, leaving you to face financial issues.
Our legal team will investigate the case thoroughly to determine which insurer is liable for the Lyft accident. We will not let the insurers give us the runaround. By being proactive, we will attempt to settle your case as quickly as possible once we have an idea about the long-term health problems you may be facing.
You do Not Pay Us Anything If We do Not Win a Settlement for You
At Morelli Law Firm, we work on a contingency fee basis. Our fee comes from a percentage of the settlement or court-ordered award we win for you. If we do not win an award for you, you owe us nothing.