For a truck accident, the most common damages you can get are economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages. Economic damages are those that have out-of-pocket costs for you, while non-economic damages are intangible and more difficult to calculate. These damages are common and awarded in more personal injury cases once the at-fault party’s liability is established.
Punitive damages are typically awarded when the at-fault party’s actions were deemed egregious or intentional. We carefully track your expenses and build your compensation case when we review and evaluate your truck accident case. We also build a strong case file that helps you avoid a prolonged court case and resolve your matter out of court with an appropriate financial settlement.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for a Truck Accident?
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, motor vehicle collisions can cost $18 billion in lifetime medical care and $33 billion in lost work and productivity. If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit would help you recover damages. We take care of the details involved in evaluating your case, including the following damages:
- Medical bills including emergency, ongoing, and follow-up care, medications, and assistive devices
- Property damages including the diminished value of your car even if it is repaired versus replaced
- Lost income from your business or place of employment for the length of time you could not work.
- Pain and suffering and mental and emotional trauma for the psychological impact of the accident
Every case is unique, and yours may have expenses that are not represented here. Bring all expense-related documents to our team for a comprehensive evaluation of the value of your case.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Factors That Contribute to the Value of Your Accident Claim
The at-fault party’s insurance policy will impact your case. While all trucks are required to have insurance, some will only have minimum coverage, which may limit your compensation award. Additional factors that influence your compensation include:
- The extent of your injuries
- Anticipated recovery time
- Occupation and salary
- Total property damage
Comparative fault or comparative negligence can also influence your recoverable damages if the at-fault party assigns any portion of liability to you. Therefore, we fight hard to prove the accident’s cause is accurately attributed to the other driver when we represent you.
Get Our Legal Team Involved in Your Truck Accident Case Right Away
A collision between your car and a large truck can change your life and physical abilities in many ways. After an accident, you may be eager to resolve your case and start putting your life back together. We understand your readiness and strive to resolve your case in a timely fashion. The financial recovery process, though, can take time.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines have a detailed process for investigating a major truck accident. In addition to the time it takes to investigate your accident, the state where your accident occurs also has a statute of limitations that dictates how long you have to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
When you select our law firm to represent you, we make sure your case moves forward at an acceptable rate, complies with your state’s statute of limitations, and obtains the best available outcome for you.
See what Previous Clients Say About Our Personal Injury Law Firm
Clients who trust us with their personal injury cases often refer us to friends, family, and the internet. When they do, they leave reviews like these on our client testimonials page:
- “You all have won a settlement for us. We both feel so thankful to have ended up at your firm.” – Carol Eiseman
- “He was in complete control of the case…and was there…to assure them that everything will be alright.” – Victor Gallego, brother and son of the victims
- “Benedict Morelli and David Sirotkin: Two of the hardest working attorneys in NY who care and will take care of your case.” – Lynn Radice
- “I was confident we’d made the right decision. Morelli was straightforward, empathetic, and above all, a no-nonsense communicator.” – Mike Walsh
- “One thing is for sure; we were incredibly lucky and truly blessed. Throughout the process you have been amazing.” – Janine Boswell
When you choose our personal injury law firm, you get the power and support of our entire staff behind your case. We never stop fighting for you or for the favorable outcome you deserve.
Contact Us to Learn More About Recoverable Damages for Truck Accidents
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, we help you seek compensation for your injuries and related expenses. Contact our law office for a free case review and to find out the most common damages injured victims get for truck accidents. Call (212) 751-9800 to reach Morelli Law Firm today.