Accidents can happen any time you drive a car. But when they are the result of a drunk driver, they can be especially severe. These accidents are completely preventable. But because of the other driver’s negligent, careless behavior, you have been hurt.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a drunk driving accident that was not your fault, you are legally entitled to pursue recovery for your financial damages with a personal injury lawsuit.
Medical bills and other losses can really add up after any accident. If you need legal advice about how to pursue a claim or want to know more about your rights, the Hempstead drunk driving accident attorneys from Morelli Law can help you understand your options today.
Damages Considered in a Drunk Driving Accident
You may be wondering what your case is worth and how much you could potentially recover for your accident. A drunk driving accident lawyer can help you calculate your damages by looking at your actual medical costs, and wages lost due to missed work.
Your damages will also be analyzed by considering the value of settlements and awards from previous drunk driving accidents that had comparable circumstances.
Since every case is different, it is difficult to assign a number value to your case without an in-depth analysis. However, you can make an estimate by considering the following factors:
- Medical bills: The actual cost of your medical bills to treat the injuries from the accident
- Estimated future costs of medical treatment: Physical therapy, future surgeries, other necessary treatment expenses, doctor visits, medications, and other expenses are considered
- Loss of income and earning capacity: If you must leave your job because you are unable to work, these damages are applicable
- Emotional distress and mental anguish: These can vary depending on the circumstances and are somewhat difficult to guess
- Disability and loss of enjoyment of life: If you are disabled, lose a limb, or face another disability due to a DUI crash, these non-economic damages will apply
- Loss of consortium: Loss of a relationship or impact on your romantic life could be considered damages
- Pain and suffering: This is usually proportional to the length of time it will take to recover, the pain involved in the injury, and the treatment
- Property damage: The loss of your car and the contents of the car if applicable
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
Why Do I Need a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney?
A personal injury lawyer who is experienced with DUI accidents can help you to maximize your compensation. Their familiarity with New York drunk driving laws and their ability to negotiate with the insurance company enables you to avoid being taken advantage of.
The truth is that insurance company adjusters will not remain employed for long if they make a practice of handing out the maximum amount allowed. Though they may seem friendly when they call and offer you a check, they are primarily focused on saving as much money for their employers as possible.
Further, if you accept their settlement and find it is not enough money to pay for all your medical bills, you cannot file any further action against them.
A drunk driving accident lawyer in Hempstead has the expertise to deal with the insurance company tactics and negotiate on your behalf. Then, if the settlement offer isn’t satisfactory, your case is already prepared and ready to go to court.
Hempstead Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me877-751-9800
What Can a Hempstead Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Do for My Case?
Having an experienced lawyer on your side frees you of the worry of handling paperwork, deadlines, and communications with the defendant’s insurance company and counsel. You will be able to focus on your recovery while we attend to the legal matters at hand.
A personal injury attorney from our firm will:
- Handle all communications from the insurance company and opposing counsel
- Manage and submit paperwork before deadlines
- Investigate to identify all the parties that can be held responsible
- Gather all the evidence to prove liability
- Consult with accident reconstruction and medical experts to testify as expert witnesses
- Negotiate with the insurance companies involved
- Represent you in court and take the case to trial if necessary
Our Hempstead drunk driving accident attorneys have the resources and expertise to locate evidence, identify the liable parties, and vigorously fight for your full amount of compensation. Our results have garnered over $1 billion in recovered damages for our clients, and we can help you.
What if an Insurance Adjuster Contacts Me?
If the opposing insurance company should contact you, refer them to your attorney. If you haven’t secured a lawyer yet, avoid giving recorded statements or signing anything.
It’s critical that you don’t agree to any settlement offers. If you accept the first settlement, you may find that it is not enough to cover your damages and potential medical costs. You also waive the right to pursue any further damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form nowContact Us
I’m Not Certain I Can Afford Your Services. How Are Accident Lawyers Paid?
Our lawyers are paid on a contingency basis. There is no upfront cost to you to secure our services. Since we only collect payment if we win your case or secure a settlement, you will not need to worry about finding the money to retain a lawyer for your case.
Contact a Hempstead Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
Our drunk driving accident lawyers in Hempstead are here to serve accident victims and help them to get the most compensation possible. When people are injured by the negligent behavior of another, their lives can be altered in an instant.
You should not be held financially responsible for someone else’s carelessness. The injury attorneys at Morelli Law Firm will do everything in their power to get you the full settlement and fight for you in court if settlement is not possible.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation to see what we can do to help you.