Accidents so severe that they cause brain damage demand justice and compensation. If you’ve suffered a brain injury, our St. Peters brain damage lawyers can help you.
At Morelli Law Firm, our team of St. Peters personal injury lawyers can help you determine the liable parties and pursue compensation. We offer a free case evaluation.
What to Do to Get Compensation for Your Brain Injury
Dealing with the aftermath of any brain injury brings immense challenges, both physical and emotional. Recovering compensation requires that you take the proper steps after your injury. Here’s what you need to do to recover the compensation you qualify for:
Hire a St. Peters Brain Damage Attorney
As experienced brain injury attorneys in St. Peters, we have handled these cases and know what it takes to achieve results. Our combined 40 years of experience helps us analyze the medical details and determine a strategy for your unique situation.
We can help you with your case while you relax and heal from your injury. Meeting with us for an evaluation ensures you have advocates fully prepared to tackle the issues ahead.
File Your Personal Injury Claim on Time
Statutes of limitations function to protect potential defendants but also impose strict deadlines for victims to file suit. We advise clients thoroughly on these timing requirements appropriate to the circumstances of the incident and location. Our goal is to submit the claim well before the final date to maximize the chances of success.
According to Mo. Rev. Stat. § 516.120, you have five years from your injury date to file a claim. We will make sure that we help you file your claim before this deadline.
Maintaining thorough medical records and other documentation as treatment unfolds helps build a strong case. We methodically organize this fact-finding process from the start with an eye on timely litigation if negotiating fails. Together, we make sure all options remain open for seeking compensation.
Negotiate a Successful Settlement
With compassion and tenacity, we represent clients and help them deal with the insurance company. Having witnessed varying responses, we strategize the most beneficial approach, whether aggressive, straightforward, or more pleasant. The priority stays on securing acknowledgment of full liability and damages.
If we cannot achieve a fair settlement, we litigate claims in court, leveraging investigative research. However, settlements commonly result in less personal stress for all parties. Our commitment remains to obtain closure and resources for long-term recovery according to your needs.
Have You Been Injured In An Accident? Contact Morelli Law877-751-9800
What Damages Can You Recover After You Suffer Brain Damage in St. Peters?
Our St. Peters brain damage lawyer from Morelli Law Firm is here to make sure you recover the damages you’ve suffered. When we represent you, we can help you recover damages such as:
- Loss of household services: If the brain injury causes impairments that prevent you from performing usual household duties like cleaning, cooking, and childcare, compensation can cover the costs.
- Loss of consortium damages: When a spouse or family member must provide full-time care after the brain injury, we can pursue damages to reimburse the emotional and financial toll on the caregiver.
- Punitive damages: In rare cases where the at-fault party displayed reckless or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the behavior and deter others.
- Property damage: If medical expenses associated with home health equipment, home modifications, or special vehicle needs are substantial, those costs can qualify for reimbursement.
- Past and future medical expenses: We will document all medical bills from initial treatment through long-term rehabilitation. This includes costs for emergency response, hospitalization, surgeries, therapy, medications, assistive devices, and home health care needed due to lasting cognitive or physical deficits.
- Lost income: If the brain injury has reduced your capacity to work, compensation can cover wages and benefits lost to the present, as well as earnings estimated to be lost over your work-life expectancy. Vocational experts sometimes aid such calculations.
- Pain and suffering: No monetary value can truly measure enduring impairment from a head injury. However, the legal system in St. Peters provides for damages acknowledging non-economic impacts like long-term disability, loss of normal life, and ongoing depression or anxiety.
What Are the Long-Term Effects of Brain Damage?
The brain is a complex organ controlling our cognitive, physical, emotional, and behavioral functioning. When injured, damage in different locations can initiate an array of potential long-term challenges. Common long-term effects our clients encounter include changes in:
Changes in Social Skills
Damage to the parts of the brain that control social awareness, empathy, and filters can result in problems reading social cues, maintaining relationships, or understanding appropriate behavior. After a brain injury, you may have trouble having conversations and interacting the way you once did.
Fatigue and Sleep Issues
Chronic fatigue is common in people who suffer brain damage, and normal daily activities become exhausting. Sleep disruptions are also prevalent, with changes in sleep-wake cycles, quality of rest, or excessive daytime sleepiness impacting functioning.
Mental Health Disorders
In addition to depression and anxiety, there is an increased risk of developing conditions like bipolar disorder, PTSD, or psychosis due to underlying biological and psychological changes from injury.
Long-term support is essential for rehabilitation success. Through legal means, we aid clients in maintaining independence by obtaining resources like home services, therapy, job coaching, and medical monitoring.
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation After Your St. Peters Brain Damage Lawyer
At Morelli Law Firm, we can help you build a case with strong evidence and help you recover the compensation you need. Our St. Peters brain damages attorneys are ready to help you get back to living the life you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation.