New York, New Jersey, and Nationwide
If you or a loved one is seriously injured while in the care of a medical professional, such as a doctor or nurse, you may be able to file a medical malpractice suit. When a doctor or someone on the nursing staff is negligent while performing their job, victims may suffer life-long injuries or even death.
Morelli and Ratner, P.C. have over 30 years of experience in successfully litigating medical malpractice cases. There are many types of cases the experienced and knowledgeable medical malpractice attorneys at Morelli and Ratner, P.C. have litigated because there are so many complex scenarios where someone is injured.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Adverse reactions from taking the wrong medication, improper procedures, and misdiagnoses can occur. Other examples of medical malpractice include:
Medical Malpractice Statistics
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), there are between 44,000 and almost 100,000 deaths each year because of hospital error. This is far higher than the number of people killed in auto accidents annually.
Some other startling statistics include:
- 80,000 deaths from infections picked up in hospitals (such as MRSA)
- 12,000 deaths from unnecessary surgery
- 106,000 deaths from adverse effects of medication
- Estimated national cost is $17 billion to $29 billion a year (lost production, lost income, disability, healthcare costs)
- In New York, approximately 5% of patients hospitalized suffer some form of medical malpractice that results in serious personal injury
Morelli Ratner PC can help you and your family get compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Physical rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Future lost wages
- Future medical costs and care
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral expenses
Our medical malpractice lawyers work closely with our clients to help them understand the legalities of their claim, as well as provide emotional support during this difficult time.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury because of medical malpractice in New York City, the state of New York or New Jersey, please contact the experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Morelli Ratner PC for an initial consultation.