Firm Secures Verdict for Wife & Daughter for Death of Father & Son by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
A 43-year-old victim of a gas leak in which her husband and mentally handicapped son were killed, and she and her daughter suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, was awarded $4.4 million in damages against the gas company responsible. The family had moved into their Manhattan apartment months before the accident, which was caused by an illegal and defective gas line installation. The plaintiff and her 23-year-old daughter have since recovered from their injuries.
When a jury rules like this in a sexual harrasment case, they know that it was international, and they also know that the reason this manager was able to get away with this was that the company had to be looking the other way."