A personal injury lawyer is the type of lawyer who handles truck accident accidents. If you or a loved one was injured, or if a loved one was fatally injured in the accident, our personal injury lawyer will help you identify the at-fault party and seek financial compensation. When we handle your case, our goal is to prove liability with evidence that prompts the at-fault party toward an out-of-court settlement.
We will also assess your recoverable damages and negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf. Your damages can include the costs of your medical care, long-term treatment plans, replacement of lost income, and pain and suffering. We conduct a thorough investigation of your case and will represent you in court if an appropriate settlement cannot be reached.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Prove the Validity of My Case?
To legally compel an at-fault party to compensate you for their negligence, we help you prove they owed you a duty of care, did not provide it and caused your personal injuries and monetary damages. These legal elements are required to validate your compensation request. To prove them, our legal team will:
- Take your statement about the accident’s cause
- Review the truck drivers’ statements and recollections
- Identify and interview accident witnesses
- Review the details of your crash report
- Organize your medical records and bills
- Obtain supporting photos and videos
Truck accident cases can require thorough investigation to identify the at-fault party, which might be the trucker, his company, or his truck’s manufacturer. After proving your right to compensation, we help you prove the value of your monetary damages.
Financial Compensation After a Truck Accident
According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) data, there were 4,119 truck accident fatalities in 2019. The vast majority of fatalities, 67 percent, were the occupants of the smaller vehicle. Passenger vehicle occupants are also more likely to sustain serious injuries. In addition, the at-fault party is responsible for your accident-related medical care, including:
- Emergency care
- Hospital admissions
- Follow-up care
- Physical therapy
You can also recover the value of lost wages and income, temporary and long-term limitations to your physical abilities, and the repair or replacement of your vehicle. We also use your prognosis to assign a financial value to your current and future pain and suffering.
How Will a Personal Injury Law Firm Help with My Accident Case?
Your truck accident case will involve a plethora of moving parts, each of which will require individual attention. When we represent you, we handle all case details for you, including investigating your accident. The sooner you involve us in your case, the more time we have to conduct a thorough investigation, including viewing the accident scene. Our legal team will:
- Communicate with the insurance company
- Collect and review your evidence
- Estimate the financial value of your case
- Ensure your injuries are correctly recorded
We also collect bills, receipts, and estimates that support your financial request and file your personal injury lawsuit before time runs out. While we concentrate on building your case, you can focus on your physical recovery. The evidence file we build for you helps steer the resolution of your case. It also helps us negotiate an appropriate settlement on your behalf.
Read About how Our Personal Injury Lawyer Helped Previous Clients
Our personal injury law firm will handle your case with compassion and empathy while we fight for your financial compensation. When they talk about their experience with our team, previous clients say the following:
- “I contacted the Morelli law firm regarding a personal injury case. They were super-fast and professional in answering my questions…I was truly impressed by the talent of Mr. Morelli.” – Thomas Weber
- “Michael S. Schlesinger from Morelli Law firm went above and beyond…we ended up with a much larger than anticipated settlement amount due to Michael’s exceptional negotiation skills…This is an exceptional law firm for anyone who is looking for quality and professional personal injury lawyer.” – Xiang Mei Cao
- “Morelli Law Firm represented me…They won the case in court, obtaining a significant settlement that allowed me to move on with my life…Attorney David Sirotkin was amazing…I would recommend Morelli Law Firm to anyone who needs a top-flight law firm.” – Dillon John
We believe victims who were injured by another person’s negligence need and deserve ongoing encouragement and support. Hear from other clients we helped on our testimonials page and learn more about the benefits of working with our law firm.
Contact Our Law Office Today to Request a Case Evaluation of Your Truck Accident Claim
Our personal injury lawyer is the type who handles truck accident accidents with the best physical, emotional, and financial needs of our clients in mind. Find out how hard we will fight for you by contacting Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today.