An accident in or with a Lyft ridesharing vehicle can be difficult to recover from on your own. However, if the Lyft driver’s negligence caused the accident, their status on the rideshare app can determine whether you seek damages from the driver or the company. We can help you sort out this confusing aspect of your case and prepare a solid claim against the appropriate at-fault party.
A Buffalo Lyft accident lawyer from Morelli Law Firm will help you fight for financial recovery. This will be accomplished by assigning monetary value to your recoverable damages, including ongoing medical care, loss of income, and pain and suffering. In addition, our legal team will make sure your case is filed on time and will work hard to resolve it out of court.
Proving Negligence in Your Lyft Car Accident
When a Lyft driver injures you as a passenger in their vehicle or as another driver sharing the road, we help you prove their liability by compiling and reviewing evidence. The required elements of neglect will prove:
- The at-fault driver had a duty to provide you with reasonable care
- The at-fault driver breached their responsibility to you
- The at-fault driver caused both your physical and financial damages
Our Uber accident attorney will handle your evidence collection, including requesting copies of your medical records and bills, salary and financial history, and accident report. We use the evidence we collect to prove your case’s validity and monetary value. So while we focus on evidence collection and building your case, you can focus on getting better.
Your Car Accident Report Will Tell the Story of the Crash
When we obtain your car accident report, we glean information from it that supports your request for financial recovery from Lyft or its driver. The information it contains includes:
- Date, time, and location
- Accident sequence
- Accident description
- Ticket or arrest details
- Points of impact
Your accident report will tell us how to contact the at-fault driver and their insurer and point us toward Lyft’s insurer. It also records any accident reconstruction information and contains police-generated photos that support your version of the accident’s cause.
We use your accident report and the other evidence we collect to build your evidence file. We also present it to the at-fault party and their insurer in an organized and logical fashion.
We Fight Hard for Every Client We Represent
Our website shares testimonials and reviews from previous clients on our case results page. Recorded recommendations include:
- “I chose the Morelli Law Firm because I had the chance to see Mr. Morelli “in action”… in a personal injury trial. I was truly impressed.” – Thomas Weber
- “Their services were exactly as expected. They were helpful, patient, & kept me informed in all steps. I would hire them, again.” – Janice Miles
- “Michael Schlesinger was excellent in every way. Michael was empathic, smart, helpful and a great communicator. Michael’s team was first-rate as well. I am so appreciative.” – J Moses
We will fight as hard for your financial recovery as we have for each of these clients while treating you like a person, not just a case file.
Determining the Financial Value of Your Lyft Claim
Recovering financial compensation from Lyft or their driver starts with assessing your damages and assigning a financial value to your claim. We help you recover both economic and non-economic damages. Your recoverable economic damages include:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated lost wages
- Property damage or destruction
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- In-home medical and domestic support
In addition, we assess the value of your intangible damages and explain the process we use to assign a value to them. We request the following non-economic damages on your behalf:
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Known and anticipated pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anxiety and distress
Our Lyft car accident lawyer representing clients injured in Buffalo will help you assess the value of your non-economic damages. At Morelli Law Firm, our representation goal is to resolve your case with a favorable financial settlement which starts with understanding the extent of your monetary damages.
Deadlines to Take Legal Action in New York
In New York, the time you have to file a lawsuit against Lyft or its driver is limited. If you or a loved one was injured, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to CPLR § 214. Similarly, EPTL § 5-4.1 generally entitles you to two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
In addition to complying with the statute of limitations, when our legal team is involved in your case sooner rather than later, we have the time we need to conduct a thorough investigation into your Lyft claim. We also have time to:
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Investigate the accident scene
- Locate photos and video footage
The photos and videos we search for on your behalf include smartphone images from witnesses and passersby, dashcam images, and images captured on residential and commercial surveillance equipment.
Find Out How Lyft’s Insurance Policy Works
Lyft protects its drivers and the passengers who rely on their rideshare service by maintaining comprehensive insurance coverage. According to Lyft, their drivers are covered by the following policy limitations:
- When off duty, a driver must turn to their own insurance policy to cover the costs of an accident they caused.
- When on duty and waiting for a passenger request, Lyft provides up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident for bodily injury protection. It also provides up to $25,000/accident for property damage.
- When picking up passengers or during a ride, Lyft provides up to $1,000,000 in third-party auto liability protection.
Our Lyft accident attorney will scrutinize Lyft’s policy and document the driver’s status to prove responsibility for your post-accident financial damages.
Buffalo Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-751-9800
Our Attorney for Lyft Accidents Can Help You Get Started Pursuing Compensation Today
If you or a loved one in Buffalo was injured due to a Lyft driver’s negligence, our Lyft accident lawyer could help you pursue the compensation you may be entitled to. Find out how by calling Morelli Law Firm at (212) 751-9800 today.